Protecting my client’s interest, everyday.Barry G. Johnson, Attorney at Law
A Board Certified Attorney serving clients in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex.
Mr. Johnson is a long-time resident of Fort Worth. He attended Texas Christian University (TCU) and received a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from The University of Texas at Austin to practice law. Mr. Johnson is board certified in personal injury and criminal law and has been fighting for the rights of his clients for decades.
Personal injury law and criminal law often overlap, such as in instances where an intoxicated driver causes injury to a person, and in cases involving sexual abuse or assault, where damages are being sought by the victim. Knowing the ins and outs of how criminal cases are investigated and prosecuted is an advantage when seeking damages in civil court.
In Tarrant County there are no more than a handful of attorneys who are Board Certified in both personal injury law and criminal law.
Mr. Johnson has tried over 75 jury trials in District Court . If you would like to discuss a personal injury, damages case or a criminal law matter, Mr. Johnson will be glad to talk to you. There is no charge or obligation for the initial visit. Injury cases are handled on a percentage, and there is no charge if there is no recovery made.
Barry Johnson was born in Galveston and has lived in Texas his entire life. He grew up in Waco and Fort Worth, graduating from Southwest High school.
Both of his parents were born and raised in Alvarado, in Johnson County, and attended North Texas State University and the University of Texas. His mother was a teacher for over 30 years, and his father was an accountant. They lived in Dallas, Texas City, Waco, and Fort Worth.
Mr. Johnson earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from TCU, with a major in Government and a minor in English, and he graduated from the University of Texas Law School.
In 1977, he began practicing law with Brantley Pringle in Fort Worth, which he did for 26 years, handling criminal and personal injury cases.
He became Board Certified in criminal law initially in 1984, and in 1988 he was awarded Board Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law and is currently certified in both areas by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Johnson and his wife Cathy, a nurse, have been married for 31 years, and have one child, Laura, who made them grandparents on 12-12-12, when her son Jeshaiah was born.
Mr.Johnson is a trustee at South Hills Christian Church where he has been a member for over 40 years.
He is a volunteer in the Room In the Inn Program, which provides housing for homeless persons, and was a founder and co-chair of the South Hills Gas group, which organized the area for the purpose of negotiating gas leases for the Barnett Shale.
Away from the office, Mr. Johnson is a golfer (to use the term very loosely), and he and his wife closely follow TCU football and Texas Rangers baseball.
Areas of Practice
- Hit by an 18 Wheeler Truck? The laws of physics don’t change very often so when an 18-wheeler hits you, its force can be powerful against a family vehicle.>>>
- Were you injured in a car wreck? Being injured in a car wreck can be devastating. Pain. Suffering. Loss of income. These are just a few of the consequences>>>
- Injuries can take many forms and can be caused by any number of reasons. If you have been injured, you need a personal injury attorney to fight for>>>
- Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Don’t let the mistakes of others cost you. Contact Barry Johnson today.>>>
- Wrongful death may take the form of murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide or other causes of death by a person. This type of claim is brought in a civil>>>
our principles client first
- 1Doing what’s right for the clientAfter being involved in any type of accident, you deserve someone that will fight for you.
- 2Performing in an ethical mannerFollowing the law and doing what is right and just.
- 3Acting with integrityBeing honest and truthful with my clients.
Justice you deserve
Don’t remain a victim of an incident.Â Fight back and be rewarded for your pain and suffering.more